The Austin-Healey marque was established through a joint-venture set up in 1952 between Leonard Lord of the Austin division of BMC and the Donald Healey Motor Company, renowned for its engineering and design.
The Austin Healey 3000 is the best known of the ‘big’ Healey models which were first launched in 1959 and continued in production until 1967, during which nearly 43,000 rolled of the BMC Abingdon production line. The 2-door roadster progressed to a 2+2 configuration in the mid 1960s and our model, registered GFK 190C, is from 1965.
Decorated in two tone pale blue and ivory and sporting the red/silver Austin-Healey 3000 Mk III badge above the oval radiator grille, remaining exterior body trim is silver, including the wheels. The Austin-Healey ‘signature’ and 3000 numbering also features diagonally on the offside of the boot. The interior is pale blue with tan dashboard and steering wheel and the matt black hood is moulded in a folded down position.