The Tamiya Hornet is back and is more fun than ever before! Originally released in 1984, the Hornet stands as one of Tamiya’s most popular models, and is credited for helping to launch the 2WD buggy boom worldwide. Just like the original, this re-release features an easy to assemble chassis and drive train consisting of a durable but lightweight ABS resin bathtub frame, a sealed gear diff loaded gearbox, oil filled rear dampers, powerful RS 540 motor and high performance suspension system. The Hornet is perfect for enthusiasts looking to re-live their childhood, or for those that want to build up their vintage collection with a revolutionary buggy that has earned its place in R/C history.
- Independent swing axle front suspension with friction dampers
- Rolling rigid axle rear suspension with oil filled dampers
- Sealed rear gearbox to protect diff gear during off-road running
- Original 3-piece assembly wheels compatible with optional ball bearings (sold separately)
- Straight ribbed racing front tires Spiked buggy rear tires
- Durable shock absorbent polycarbonate body shell
- Reinforced resin bumper