TAMIYA YAMAHA YZR-M1 04 NO7/33 1/12
About the Yamaha YZR-M1
This version of the YZR-M1 represents the bikes ridden in the 2004 season by Carlos Checa, Spain's number 1 rider and the 2nd fastest Yamaha racer, and Italian Marco Melandri, 2002 World Champion in the 250cc Class. While much of the attention was focused on Rossi during the 2004 season, Checa performed consistently, coming in 2nd in France, while Melandri made the top 3 in Spain and Holland. This model faithfully reproduces the YZR-M1's compact, streamlined design and finely molded cowling.
Living Up to Expectations in 2004
Featuring a powerful 990cc in-line 4-cylinder engine, the Yamaha YZR-M1 was ready to take on the dominant Honda RC211V in the 2004 MotoGP. With Rossi at the helm, the YZR-M1 didn't disappoint, helping Yamaha obtain their first rider's championship since Wayne Rainey won in 1992, and giving legendary rider Valentino Rossi his fourth consecutive rider's title. Following the release of Rossi and Abe's metallic blue bike, Tamiya now presents the vibrant red and silver YZR-M1 to our highly detailed 1/12 scale motorcycle series. The "Spain's No.1" Yamaha was ridden by top Spanish rider Carlos Checa and Italian young gun Marco Melandri.
About the model:
- Accurate 1/12 scale model of 2004 World Champion Bike Yamaha YZR-M1.
- Compact 4-cylinder 990cc engine and surrounding power train accurately reproduced.
- Side and seat cowling can be removed after assembly allowing full display of engine.
- Includes No.33 M. Melandri's additional seat cowling to allow modelers to create faithful reconstructions of each rider's personalized machine.
- Synthetic rubber tires look and feel like authentic racing slick tires.
- Poly caps used for easy damper assembly and cowling attachment.
- High quality Cartograf decals for Carlos Checa's No.7 bike and Marco Melandri's No.33 bike (France GP markings).
Tamiya releases a 1/12 scale motorcycle model representing the YZR-M1 which raced against Honda's RC211V bikes in the 2004 MotoGP. This YZR-M1's vivid silver and red color scheme and additional seat cowling distinguish it from Rossi's blue Yamaha, making it a perfect addition to a true MotoGP fan's collection.
Exceptional Accuracy and Detail
Featuring realistic detail, this 1/12 scale model accurately represents the bike ridden in the 2004 MotoGP season by Carlos Checa (No.7) and 2002 250cc world champion Marco Melandri (No.33). Feel the power of the YZR-M1 as you assemble this highly detailed replica model. Internal mechanics have been reproduced in exceptional detail including engine, exhaust, ram air box and suspension system. Kit comes with the an extra seat and seat cowling to accurately duplicate Melandri's bike, which had a special seat adjustment made to suit his small 164cm stature.